Kaltura- Adding a video to your course page
Posted by , Last modified by Jason Neenos on 04 March 2020 02:21 PM
Through Kaltura's video repository integration with Moodle, instructors can add unlimited videos to their course pages. Use the following instructions to insert a Kaltura video to your course (this process may be repeated for multiple videos).
Adding a video to your course page
- In your course page, click the Turn editing on button in the top right corner.
- Click Add an Activity or Resource, select Kaltura Video Resource, and click Add.
- Create a name for your video in the Name field (required) and a description if you wish (optional).
- Scroll down to the Video section and click Add media
- If you have already added your video to your library, skip to Step 10. Your media library will open. Click Add New, then Media Upload
- Then click Choose a file to upload.
- From your file explorer or finder window, locate the video you'd like to add and click Open
- Give your video a name, optional description, and any tags you'd like to add. *It is recommended that you add the tag "CaptionASR" so that automated closed captions will be added. Click Save
- Click Back to Browse and Embed
- Next to the video you'd like to add, click the small arrow on the Select button, and then click Large. This will embed a video player that's large enough for students to see without changing the video display to fullscreen.
- Click Save and Display at the bottom of the page. You'll now see a link for your video on your course page. Click the link to preview the embedded video.
- Due to processing times, your video may not be available to watch right away. Please check back later if this is the case.
- If you'd like to record a webcam video, a screencapture, or a presentation, please refer to instructions on Kaltura CaptureSpace