Change Computer Playback Device
Posted by David Strong, Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 23 January 2019 11:13 AM
How to Change the Playback Device on a Windows 10 Computer
3. Select the desired device. Typically it is the option that is not “Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio).
4. This change will stay when you restart the computer.
1. Right click on the sound
2. Left click on “Playback Devices”. This window will pop up with a list of potential devices that the output can be played through.
3. Right click on the desired audio device and select “Set as Default Device”. You will see a green check mark next to the device and a grey message under the name of the device showing that it is the default device.
4. If you see the “Default Communications Device” when right-clicking, this will only change where the audio input is coming from. It will not affect the output of audio. If there are microphones or other input devices that are not working, set them as this default.
5. Click “Apply” at the bottom and then click “OK” to save your changes.
If you run into any issues or need any assistance with this please reach out to the Help Desk at 603-535-2929 or email at email@example.com.