How do I get a roster for my course?
Access the Faculty menu
- Click on the Services tab of the myPlymouth portal
- Locate the Self Service channel on the Services tab
- Click on the Faculty link in the Self Service channel
- The Faculty menu appears
On the Faculty Menu, click on either the Detail Class List (full class roster, includes pictures) or the Summary Class List (simple class roster, no pictures)
- If you have not yet selected the term for which you need course information:
- Click on the triangle in the box next to Select a Term to access the drop down menu
- Click on the term in which your course is being offered
- Click on the Submit button to save your choice
- Select the CRN (Course Reference Number) for your course section by clicking on the triangle in the box next to the CRN to access the drop down menu
- Click on the course title/CRN to select your course section
- Click on the Submit button to save your course selection
- The class roster is displayed
Additional Options To print, click on the printer icon in the toolbar, or click and drag your cursor across the text, and then copy and paste the text into MS Word or Excel. Upon completion, you can select another Term or CRN by clicking on "Term Selection" or "CRN Selection" at the bottom of the window. To return to the Faculty Services Menu click on the "Faculty Services" link at the top of the window.
How do I copy my roster into Excel?
Copy roster information
- Once your roster is displayed, drag the scroll bar down to the bottom of the list
- Click at the end of the last student's row and drag up to the beginning of the first student's row to highlight the student data only, avoiding highlighting the text headings
- Hold down the Ctrl key (Command key on Mac), and press the C key to copy the text
Paste into Excel
- Open Excel
- In Excel, click on the Column A heading, and then drag your cursor across the other column headings through Column J, so that all ten columns are highlighted.
- Right click in the highlighted area and the shortcut menu will appear. Click on Select Column Width.
- Type over the currently displayed number with "25". Click OK.
- In the Menu Bar click on Edit and then click on Paste.
- Highlight the un-needed columns by clicking on the Column heading.
- In the Menu Bar click on Edit and then click on Delete to remove column. Repeat, if necessary.
- In the Menu Bar click on File and then click on Save.