Office 365 for Windows
Posted by , Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 18 October 2017 02:53 PM
Microsoft Office 365 is free for Plymouth State University students, faculty and staff! To install the suite, follow the instructions below.
Note: The download and installation of Office 365 takes several minutes. Your computer will need to be powered on and connected to the Internet throughout the entire process.
1. Log in to your myPlymouth account (http://my.plymouth.edu)
2. Click the "Services" tab at the top of your myPlymouth, and then click on the "Microsoft Office" link located in the "My Software" channel.
3. You will be directed to a page similar to the one below. Log in with your myPlymouth username, with @plymouth.edu attached, (email@example.com), and your myPlymouth password.
Note: Make sure you use your firstname.lastname@example.org, and not your email alias. This should be the same email address as the one listed in step 2 of the "Get Office" channel.
4. You'll then be directed to an Office 365 installation page. Make sure you select the 32-bit version and review system requirements.
5. Then click "Install"
6. After clicking "Install", a 1 MB file will be downloaded to your downloads folder. Once the Setup has been downloaded, click on it to open it.
Note: This may look different, depending on your browser.
7. Click "Run" when prompted.
8. The install setup will now open. Click "Next" to begin.
9. Select the settings you would like to use, and then click "Accept" to agree to the Microsoft License Agreement.
Note: Office is installing in the background. The programs are now available on your computer, but you must stay connected to the Internet until the installation is complete.
10. You will now be asked if you want to sign in to your online account. This is optional, and is only required to use some of Office's Cloud services. Click "Sign in" or "No thanks, maybe later."
(11. Optional) If you selected "Sign in", a new window will pop up asking for your email address. Once again, use your email@example.com email address. You will then be asked for your myPlymouth password.
12. While Office installs, you'll be asked to learn about OneDrive, set up how your Office looks, and then offered an optional tour of the suite.
13. After the optional tour, a new status bar window should pop up. When the status bar reaches 100%, click "All done!" You successfully completed the full installation, and you can now use Microsoft Office offline.
Note: Contact the Help Desk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (603-535-2929), if you have any troubles with the installation.