Office 365 for Mac
Posted by , Last modified by Zachary Bassett on 05 April 2018 11:18 AM
Microsoft Office 365 is free for Plymouth State University students! To install the suite, follow the instructions below.
1. Log in to your myPlymouth account (http://my.plymouth.edu)
2. Click the "Services" tab at the top of your myPlymouth, and then click on the "Microsoft Office" link located in the "My Software" channel.
3. You will be directed to a page similar to the one below. Sign in with your myPlymouth username, with @plymouth.edu attached, (email@example.com), and your myPlymouth password.
Note: Make sure you use your firstname.lastname@example.org, and not your email alias.
4. You'll then be directed to an Office 365 installation page. Select your language, and click "Install".
5. After clicking "Install", a file will be downloaded to your downloads folder. Once the application has been downloaded, click on it to open it.
Note: This may look different, depending on your browser.
6. After clicking on the completed download, an installer window will open. Double click on the "Office Installer" icon.
7. The Microsoft Office Installer will now open and take you through a generic installation. Click "Continue".
8. You will then be brought to the Office License Terms. Click "Continue".
9. You will then be prompted to agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click "Agree".
10. Select your install location, or leave the default location selected, and click "Install".
11. You may be prompted to close your browser before the installation begins. Click "Close Application and Install".
12. Depending on your security settings, you might be prompted to enter your computer password to install the software. Enter your computer password and click "Install Software".
13. Microsoft Office will now install. When it's finished, press "Continue", and then press "Close".
14. Office has now been installed and is ready to use! Check your dock or applications list to find the programs.
Important: When you first launch any of the Office applications, you will be asked to enter a license key or a set of credentials. Enter the same email@example.com and myPlymouth password that you used on the initial download site.