Setting up Email and Calendar on Android
Posted by , Last modified by Steven Cramton on 30 June 2016 08:23 AM
Before setting up Android Mobile devices with "PSU Email and Calendar" using Exchange Online, the following steps should be completed:
1. Tap on the Android "Settings" gear icon
2. Tap on "Accounts"
3. Tap on "Add account"
4. Tap on "Microsoft Exchange Active.."
5. Enter the following credentials:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
...then tap "SIGN IN"
6. After tapping on "SIGN IN" the new Exchange account will start to configure.
7. The following message may appear…
"Remote security administration, Server outlook.office365.com must be able to remotely control some security features on your device. Continue?"
Tap "OK" to proceed.
8. After tapping "OK" you should now have the option to adjust some of the general Email sync settings:
9. Tap "ACTIVATE" at the bottom of the screen
10. Name the account "PSU Email" then tap on "DONE"
11. Open the Android Email and Calendar Apps and you should see the "PSU Email" and "Calendar" accounts start to sync.
Other related resources:
- Change the default "Mail" account, click here: Change the default Mail account on an Android device
- Change the default "Calendar" account, click here: Change the default Calendar account on an Android device
*Important Note: Shared Calendars are not currently available on the native Android Calendar App.
*Important Note: The new mail server address is: outlook.office365.com
*This guide was created using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow