CTS - Running a Skype Call in Highland 039
Posted by Todd Kent, Last modified by Todd Kent on 16 February 2015 09:30 AM
Running a Skype call from Highland 039
1) In Highland 039, turn on the following equipment:
2) Log into the computer as you normally would with your PSU credentials.
3) After logging in, start up the application called <SplitCam>. It should be an icon on the desktop. If it is not, you can find it in the Start Menu under Programs.
4) Using the Polycom remote (black in color), aim the remote at the front of the equipment on the lower right-hand side of the desk and press the camera button once. Then press <OK>.
5) Start Skype. Log into Skype with your Skype user ID and password.
6) Within Skype, go to: Tools>Options>Video Settings
7) Select the SplitCam Video Driver as your camera.
8) Next, click on Audio Settings. Select the Front Microphone input for microphone audio. Then, click Save.
9) Remove the Revo microphones from their charging base. Press the mute button on each microphone once. When it starts flashing green instead of red, the microphone is ready for use. The instructor should wear the microphone with the clip. The larger microphones should be evenly placed in the audience.
10) Make a Skype call as you normally would.
11) When you want to change from camera-to-camera, simply press the <Preset> button on the Polycom remote and select <1> or <2> on the remote’s keypad. That will switch between the two cameras.