Adding a File to Moodle
Posted by , Last modified by Katherine Martell on 24 July 2017 04:26 PM
The content of your course serves as a foundation to student learning. Whether that content is a link, video, document, or another file type, it's a necessary addition to your Moodle classroom. Once you have added these items to your course, students can access them anytime from any location.
Moodle offers the ability to Drag and Drop your files. Locate the file on your computer that you wish to add. Click the file with your mouse and hold down. Now drag your cursor to the appropriate week or topic in your course. Release the mouse when you see the dotted line box and Moodle will automatically drop it in! You can also select multiple files at once and drag and drop them into Moodle in bulk. If your file needs renaming, just click the pencil icon next to the file name, and a formatting box will pop up where you can rename the file.
Note: To add video files to your course, it is recommended you store them via Kaltura, PSU's video storage area. Click here to learn more about Kaltura and video in Moodle.
7. You will now be in the Adding a New File window. In the Name field, type in a name for your file (e.g. Syllabus). This is what will be visible in your course, and it can be different from the file name.
8. Scroll down to the Content section, and click on the Add icon (piece of paper with +) and is located on the top left below the selected files heading.
9. You will then be brought to the File Picker as shown below:
10. Click on the Upload a file link on the left side. Then click on the Choose File button to locate the file on your computer. Once found, select the file and click Choose.
11. Back in the File Picker dialog box, select the Upload this file button at the bottom of the window.
12. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save and return to course. Your file has now been added to your course.