Always a staple in the Moodle classroom, the Assignment activity allows students to upload files to the instructor for grading. As the instructor, you'll have the entire student roster and their respective submissions all in one centralized area. Instead of having students email you their papers or projects, the Assignment feature allows you to access, grade, and provide feedback to student's submissions quickly and easily.
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the topic/week of your choice, and click on the + Add an activity or resource menu.
- Choose the Assignment radio button and select Add at the bottom of the window.
- In the following screen, type out the Assignment name and Description areas (required fields).
- Tip: The Description area is a great location for providing assignment instructions to your students.
- In the Assignment settings area, be sure to select your assignment's Due date (Available date is not completely necessary, assuming you will be manually opening or hiding the assignment).
- In the Submission settings area, select your preferred options:
- File submissions: Do you wish for students to upload files for this assignment? If so, its best to leave this option at the default (Yes).
- Maximum number of files: Use this drop down menu to select the maximum amount of files your students can submit.
- Maximum submission size: By default, the maximum submission size for a file is 1 GB, which is the highest option available.
- Submission comments: Changing this option to Yes will allow students to type out a comment to the instructor.
- Online text: Changing this option to Yes will allow students to replace the file submission area with a box for text submissions.
- Continue down the page and select a Grade for your assignment.
- Finally, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to course.
Note: For more information on grading submissions, sending back assignments, and leaving feedback, please visit the following pages: