Moodle's Quickmail feature allows you to send emails to one or more of your students. These email messages are sent automatically to the recipients' PSU email via BCC (recipients will not see other recipients' email addresses). Users of Quickmail can also add attachments, create signatures, save drafts, and review a history of previously sent emails.
- In the top right corner of the course page, select the Turn editing on button.
- You will see a new block called Add a block on the very bottom of your course, on the lower left side of the screen. Open this drop down menu and select Quickmail from this list of options.
Composing a New Email
- Locate your new Quickmail block and select the Compose New Email link (default location will be at the bottom of the page).
- On the right side of this screen, in the Potential Recipients section, click on a user's name to highlight it.
- If you wish to select multiple users in the Potential Recipients section, highlight a name and hold down the Ctrl key while selecting another name. Keep holding the Ctrl key until you've selected all of your users.
- Once you've highlighted all your intended users, select the Add button to move the user(s) to the Selected Recipients area on the left.
- Scroll down and enter a title for your email in the Subject text box.
- Type out your email in the Message area.
- If you are using an email signature, select it from the drop down menu underneath the message area.
- If you'd like to receive a copy of this message to be sent to your email, select the Yes option in the Receive a copy area.
- If you are ready to send the message, select Send Email. If you'd like to save this message for another time, select the Save Draft button.
Creating a Signature
A signature is an "email footer" attached to the bottom of each email you create. This is not required to utilize the Quickmail feature.
- Locate the Quickmail block on your course page and select the Signatures link.
- Type out a title for your new signature in the Title text box.
- In the Signature area, create your email signature text. You may use the formatting toolbar to add color, images, or hyperlinks.
- If you'd like this to be your default signature select the Default check box.Select the Save changes button to save your email signature. When you create a new message, you will always have the ability to choose a different signature.
- Select the Save changes button to save your email signature.