Using Moodle's PoodLL plugin, instructors can now design quiz questions so students can respond verbally using their microphones. This feature certainly adds a new twist to the quiz-taking process.
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab at the top of the page.
- Locate your myCourses channel. In the appropriate semester category, select your course title. You are now looking at your Moodle course page.
- Locate the course's Administration block (usually found on the left sidebar) and select Question bank.
- If you have already built question categories, select the appropriate category from the drop down menu at the top of the page. If not, simply select the Create a new question... button.
- From this window, choose the PoodLL Recording option and select Add at the bottom.
- Type in your Question name (used for organizational purposes).
- Type in your actual question in the Question text field.
- You may also record your question using the PoodLL audio recorder icon. Select the microphone icon in the formatting toolbar to record your question.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save changes.
- Now that your question has been added to the question bank, visit your Quiz activity and add your audio question via the Edit quiz area.
Tip: For more information on managing the question bank or designing a quiz, please click here: Building a Quiz
Student View: When your students reach this audio quiz question, they will see the following recording widget. After selecting the Allow button, the student will be able to record their response using their attached microphone (see image below).