Kaltura - Recording a video using your computer screen
Posted by , Last modified by Katherine Martell on 10 February 2016 10:01 AM
Instructors - Adding a Screen Capture Video to your Course Page
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the upper right section of the screen.
- In the appropriate week/topic, open the Add a resource... drop down menu and select Kaltura Video Resource.
- Create a name for your video in the Name field (required) and a description if you wish (optional).
- Scroll down to the Video section and select Add Media
- Select the Add Media button. A new box will appear, click on the "add new" key on the top right, then click Screen Recording (see image above).
- The Java Security Information pop up window will appear. Select the Run button (this allows Moodle to utilize Java for the recording).
- A Kaltura dotted line square will now appear on your screen. This is your recording area. Drag the small white squares to the corners of your screen so you will have the entire screen recorded.
- If you wish to record audio in addition to your screen recording, select the microphone icon in the lower left corner of the dotted line area. Choose the appropriate microphone from the list of options.
- Tip: Once you've selected your microphone, snap your fingers close to the microphone. You will see several green bars as you make the noise. This confirms that your microphone is connected properly.
- When you are ready to record, select the red circle icon found in the lower left hand corner of the dotted line area.
- Kaltura will flash a three second countdown before the timer starts. You are now recording your computer screen.
- When you have finished recording, select the Done button.
- Kaltura will display a preview of your recording. Type in a title on the right side of the screen and select Upload.
- When the upload is complete, select Close.
- Back in Moodle, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to course to complete the process.
- Your video has been successfully added to your course page. Click on the video link if you wish to view it.
- Due to processing times, your video may not be available to watch right away. Please check back later if this is the case.