Moodle's PoodLL plugin offers instructors the ability to incorporate audio into their courses. When creating an assignment, the instructor just has to enable the PoodLL checkbox and students will be able to record their assignment using a working microphone.
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab at the top of the page.
- Locate your myCourses channel. In the appropriate semester category, select your course title. You are now looking at your Moodle course page.
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right section of the window.
- Navigate to the topic/week of your choice, and click on the + Add an activity or resource menu.
- Choose the Assignment radio button and select Add at the bottom of the window.
- In the following screen, type out the Assignment name and Description areas (required fields).
- Tip: The Description area is a great location for providing assignment instructions to your students.
- In the Availability section be sure to select your assignment's Due date (Available date is not completely necessary, assuming you will be manually opening or hiding the assignment).
- In the Submission types section, select the Online PoodLL checkbox (see image below). This will allow students to use the PoodLL plugin to submit an audio recording.
- Continue down the page and select a Grade for your assignment.
- Tip: For more information on building an assignment, click here.
- Once you are finished with your configurations, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to course.
Student View: When your students enter their assignment, they'll have the ability to record an audio submission using the PoodLL plugin (located underneath the File Submissions area). Once recording has finished, the Save changes button at the bottom of the page will submit that audio for grading.