Now that you've created an assignment for your course, it's time to review how to grade your student's work. In addition to providing a numerical grade, Moodle allows the instructor to provide text feedback as well as attaching files back to students. For those interested in looking at more advanced grading methods, please review the: Rubrics help pages.
Grading Student Submissions
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the assignment name that you wish to grade.
- In the Grading Summary section, select the link that says View/grade all submission (this is the user submission area).
- You will now see your class roster listed vertically down the first few columns. Locate the Grade column and click the pencil and papericon to grade that particular student.
- Tip: If you do not see all of your students on this page, scroll to the bottom and change the Assignments per page option to a much higher value (100 for example). That way your entire class shows up on one page.
- Clicking on the icon will take you to the user's submission page. In the File submissions field, selecting the file attachment will open the file on your computer.
- When you're ready to grade, type out a value for this student in the Grade out of x field.
- Moodle now allows decimals to be entered here.
- In the Feedback comments text box, enter in any text feedback you'd like to send to your student (optional).
- If you are interested in sending a file back to your student, visit the Feedback files section on this page and add a file from your computer.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save changes, or click on Save and show next to see the next student's submission page.
Note: When your students visit their assignment area, he/she will see a grade and any feedback you have entered. The grade and feedback will also appear in their User report area (grades).