The online Chat feature gives Professors the opportunity of increasing their availability to students outside of a face to face class. Professors can also conduct their office hours in this manner, which is especially helpful in the case of distance learners. The chat may be a one-time activity or it may be repeated at the same time each day or each week. Chat sessions are saved and can be made available for everyone to view or restricted to users with the capability to view chat session logs.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the topic/week of your choice, and click on the + Add an activity or resource menu.
- Choose the Chat radio button and select Add at the bottom of the window.
- In the following window, fill in the Name of this chat room and Introduction text areas as these are required fields.
- Choose a start time and date for the chat session.
- Continue through the page and choose the appropriate options for your course.
- When you have made your selections, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save and return to course.