The Choice feature allows the Professor to ask a single multiple choice question to their students. Professors can get a quick read on the opinion of the group on any topic at all, and they have the option of showing the results for all students to see. It's another way to increase interactivity in a course.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the topic/week of your choice, and click on the + Add an activity or resource menu.
- Choose the Choice radio button and select Add at the bottom of the window.
- In the following window, fill in the Choice name and Choice text areas as these are required fields. The Choice text area can have some instructions or overview to the questions following.
- Under Limit the number of responses allowed we suggest to leave it at disabled or 'No'.
- By default there are 5 choice items. In the small window next to the word Choice, input your question in each section as appropriate. It's not necessary to use all the choice items, any choice field with no text in it will not be displayed in your questionnaire.
- After Choice 5, you will see a button that says Add 3 fields to form. Again, it's not necessary to use all the choice items, any choice field with no text in it will not be displayed in your questionnaire.
- Continue through the page and choose the appropriate options for your course.
- When you have made your selections, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save and return to course.
Tip: For a great article in using the Choice feature in your course, please click here.