The Journal features is similar to a Forum with one key difference - it is a PRIVATE forum between the Professor and the Student. The Journal is used when feedback is required of the student, but the content is private or not appropriate for other students in the course to read. Unlike the forum, the Journal has only one topic per activity, so if there's a need for more than one topic, using a private Forum will give the Professor that functionality.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the topic/week of your choice, and click on the + Add an activity or resource menu.
- Choose the Journal radio button and select Add at the bottom of the window.
- In the following window, choose a Journal name and type in the Journal question in the appropriate boxes.
- Though the option to grade the Journal is present, this function doesn't work automatically. The Journal is however manually gradable.
- When you are done making your selections, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on Save and return to course.