Moodle's Restrict Access feature is used to limit access to an activity or resource by time or grade on a particular assignment. This popular feature is commonly used to automatically release resources to students at designated times, as opposed to manually releasing it.
Note: All Moodle resources and activities have the ability to utilize the selective release feature.
Using Selective Release
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Using the Add a resource... or Add an activity... drop down menu select something to add to your course page (example: adding a file or creating an assignment).
- Fill out any necessary options on this page until you've reached the Restrict access section.
- To restrict access for this activity select add restriction.
- Once you choose this dropdown box select from the following options date, grade, user profile or restriction set.
- Each option lets you choose different restrictions as specified next to their option boxes.
- Choose which restriction fits you're needs and then fill out the rest of the page options.
- When you are finished, select the Save and return to course button.