Your Moodle profile is not specific to any course, meaning the settings associated with it stay with you from course to course, semester to semester. There are a number of settings and options within your profile that enhance your participation in forums, and this is the main reason why you would want to go into your profile and make the recommended changes below.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the top right corner, in the myLearning box, select the Moodle link. You will then be brought to the Moodle homepage.
- In the top right corner you will see the following message: You are logged in as [your name] (Logout). Click on your name to be taken to your profile area.
- If you see the message, You are currently using guest access (Login), click the login link to enter your PSU user name and password. Once logged in click on your name to be taken to your profile area.
- Look to the center left administration box of your profile page and click the Edit profile link.
We recommend you make the following changes to your profile:
- Scroll down to find the Forum auto-subscribe option and choose No: don't automatically subscribe me to forums.
- The next option below is the Forum tracking option. In this menu choose Yes, highlight new posts for me.
- Towards the bottom of this page is the Description text box. Type a brief introduction of yourself here - text must be entered in this box in order for your profile settings to be saved.
- Locate the User picture section and select the Choose a file... button to upload a picture of yourself. Using the File picker pop up window, click on Upload file and then Browse to search your computer for an image.
- Once you are finished, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the Update Profile button.
- As a result of the changes you have made, you will now see blue highlights in the course content area when you have unread discussion forum posts, and you will not receive email notifications for forum posts.