Your Moodle profile is not specific to any course, meaning the settings associated with it stay with you from course to course, semester to semester. There are a number of settings and options within your profile that enhance your participation in forums, and this is the main reason why you would want to go into your profile and make the recommended changes below.
- In the top right corner of any Moodle page, you will see the your name and profile image. Click on the arrow next to your profile image and then click Preferences in the drop-down menu
We recommend you make the following changes to your profile:
- Click Forum Preferences
- Set your email digest to either no digest, complete (one email with all posts in full), or subjects (one email with only the subjects of each post)
- To auto-subscribe to forums, change the next drop-down menu to Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion
- The next option below is the Forum tracking option. In this menu choose Yes, highlight new posts for me
- As a result of the changes you have made, you will now see yellow highlights in the course content area when you have unread discussion forum posts
- Save your changes
- Go back to your Preferences (you can use the breadcrumb menu at the top of the page). Towards the bottom of this page is the Description text box. Type a brief introduction of yourself here - text must be entered in this box in order for your profile settings to be saved.
- Directly underneath your description, locate the User picture section and select the Choose a file... button to upload a picture of yourself. Using the File picker pop up window, click on Upload file and then Browse to search your computer for an image.
- Once you are finished, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the Update Profile button.