Moodle utilizes a traditional letter grade scale as shown below. If you'd like to modify this scale, please review the following instructions.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- In the course Settings block (usually found on the left sidebar), select Grades.
- In the drop down menu entitled Grader report, select the Edit option from the Letters section.
- You are now viewing the default grading scale. Select the Override site defaults check box to edit the scale.
- To edit a grading boundary, open the drop down menu and choose another percentage.
- You can only choose from a list of whole numbers. Unfortunately, decimal values are not available.
- Be sure to adjust the rest of the scale so there are no overlap values.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of this page and select Save changes.
Tip: With this option available, you are no longer limited by letter grades. Try replacing letter grades with words instead (example: Excellent instead of an A). Plenty of possibilities!