While Moodle is powerful enough to calculate grades automatically, some users will enjoy the ability to export grades to Microsoft Excel. This feature gives you the opportunity to save a hard copy of your grades for record keeping purposes. Exporting grades is also a quick way to obtain a class roster.
Note: If you are interested in learning more about how Moodle calculates grades please click here Building a Gradebook.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- In the course Settings block (usually found on the left sidebar), select Grades.
- In the drop down menu entitled Grader report, select the Excel spreadsheet option from the Export section (towards the bottom of the menu).
- If you'd like to include student feedback, select the Include feedback in export check box.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Submit.
- Select the Download button and save the Excel file to your computer.
- Depending on your Internet browser settings, the file may be automatically saved to your computer.
- Once you have saved the file to your computer, locate the file and open it using Excel. You will see a list of your students and any grades (and feedback) listed in your Grader Report.