Knowledgebase: Learning Tools and Services > Moodle (LMS) > Copying an older course to a newer course - Import
Saving your course for archiving purposes - Backup
Posted by , Last modified by Katherine Martell on 19 July 2017 04:49 PM
If you are interested in saving a copy of a Moodle 2 course to your own computer, please refer to the instructions listed below. For more information on copying a Moodle 2 course over to another Moodle 2 course, please refer to our Import instructions listed here Copying an older course to a newer course (Import).
5. Select Next.
6. Select the items you'd like to be transferred over (by default, everything is checked off) and select Next.
7. Scroll down and click on Perform backup.
8. Your backup should be saved successfully. You will still need to download your backup file. Click Continue.
9. You'll be taken to a page where Moodle will show you your course backup file. It will be listed in the Course Backup Area. Select the Download link next to the appropriate backup file (see image below).
10. Navigate to a folder on your computer where you will store the file and save.