Adding a video to your course page
Posted by , Last modified by on 18 February 2015 01:44 PM
With Kaltura, creating a video using your webcam can be done in a variety of ways. Students may wish to submit a webcam video to a discussion post or assignment, while instructors may want to add a webcam video to their course page. Use the information below to learn more about the best method for your situation.
Instructors - Adding a Webcam Video to your Course Page
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click on the Turn editing on button in the upper right section of the screen.
- In the appropriate week/topic, open the Add a resource... drop down menu and select Kaltura Video Resource.
- Create a name for your video in the Name field (required) and a description if you wish (optional).
- Scroll down to the Video section and select Upload media or record from webcam (see image below).
- Select the Add Media button and the Kaltura selection screen will pop open.
- Select the Webcam option on the left side of the screen.
- Adobe Flash Player will attempt to connect to any video cameras connected to your computer. Select Allow to confirm this connection.
- If your computer has a built-in webcam, it will turn on and you'll be able to see yourself on the screen. The drop down menu should read Integrated Webcam (this is your built-in camera).
- If you have another camera connected to your computer, open the drop down menu and select it from the list.
- To begin recording, select the Record button.
- When you are done filming, select the Stop button.
- Review your video by selecting the Play button.
- Re-record your video by selecting the Record button.
- When you are satisfied with your video, select the Next button.
- Enter any details regarding this video as you'd like (Title, Tags, Description) and select the Next button.
- Back in Moodle, scroll down the page and select the Save and return to course button to complete the process.
- Your video has been successfully added to your course page. Click on the video link if you wish to view it.
- Due to processing times, your video may not be available to watch right away. Please check back later if this is the case.