All Moodle users will have access to their own personal video library area. By accessing this library, you will be able to watch any of your uploaded videos as well as share them with people within or outside of Plymouth State. In this area you will also be able to record a webcam video or record your computer screen for up to two hours.
Note: At the moment, videos cannot be deleted once they have been added. Please contact the ITS Help Desk to submit a request to remove a video.
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab.
- On the right side of the screen, look for a box called myLearning.
- Click on the Kaltura link to access the My Media page (your personal video library) in Moodle.
- Once inside the video library, you will see a list of videos that you have uploaded to the Kaltura database. You may Preview, Edit, or Share any of your videos.
- Preview: Watch your video in the Kaltura video player (you can either play the video or share it with friends)
- Edit: Edit your video's details (Name, Tags, Description)
- Share: Share your video to other courses in the Moodle system, or make it available site-wide for everyone to see (not recommended)
- To upload a video, click Add New, then Upload at the top of your video library.
- The Kaltura selection window will appear. Select the Upload option on the left side and choose the Browse button.
- Navigate to where the video file is stored on your computer and double-click to select it (or click the file once and select the Open button).
- Select the Upload button to send the video to the Kaltura server.
- Now select the Next button to continue.
- Type out any additional information about your video and select Next to complete the upload process.
- Your video has been successfully added to your video library. Click on the Continue button to return to your library.