The following is a list of commonly asked Kaltura questions. For other inquiries not found on this list, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (603) 535-2929, via email at email@example.com, or visit them at the Lamson Library front desk.
- Screen Recording on my Mac does not work
Screen Recording on my Mac does not work
Recent versions of Mac have been experiencing trouble communicating with Java, which is used to record your screen via Kaltura. If you are on a Mac and receiving a Failure to detect Java message, please read the following:
- Download and install the following Mac update at: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US
- Once the update has been installed, screen recording in Firefox should immediately work.
- If you are using the Safari browser, you must do the following:
- Open the Safari browser and visit the Kaltura Media Library page (http://go.plymouth.edu/kalturalibrary).
- Select the Record screen button.
- Safari will ask if you want to ...trust the www.plymouth.edu website to use the Java plugin. Select Trust.
- In the Safari menu bar at the top, select Preferences.
- Click on the Security tab and select the Manage Website Settings button listed at the bottom.
- On the left side of this screen, select the Java option. You should now see www.plymouth.edu listed on the right side.
- In that dropdown menu, change the Allow choice to Run in Unsafe Mode.
- Select the Trust option to confirm and return to the Kaltura Media Library.
- Now select Record screen to begin the recording process.