By default, all courses in Moodle are set to be inaccessible to students. The instructor can activate their course at any point, allowing students to enter. Please refer to the steps below to activate your course several days before it is scheduled to begin. Also, please note that the course will remain open until the instructor has deactivated.
- Login to myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab at the top of the page.
- Locate your myCourses channel. In the appropriate semester category, select your course title. You are now looking at your Moodle course page.
- Locate the course's Administration block (usually found on the left sidebar) and select Edit settings (see left image below).
- In the General section located at the top of this page, locate the Visible option. Open this menu and select Show (see right image above).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save changes. Your course has now been activated and students are free to enter.
- Note: Once the course has completed, it will remain open until the instructor changes this setting back to Hide.