When you add a gradable activity to your course, whether its an assignment, quiz, graded forum, etc., Moodle automatically creates a grading column in your Gradebook area. Once you grade those activities, Moodle will update your Gradebook with the appropriate scores. In some cases though, you may need to create a column in Gradebook that does not relate to a Moodle activity (examples could include an in-class exam or an oral presentation). Follow the steps below to add in a blank gradable column to your Gradebook.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- In the course Settings block (usually found on the left sidebar), select Grades.
- In the drop down menu entitled Grader report, select the Full View option from the list of choices.
- The Full view is where you'll see a list of gradable activities that have been added to the course (quizzes, assignments, graded forums, etc.).
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and select the Add grade item button.
- Enter an Item name and a Maximum grade, as well as choosing a Category if applicable (this option will not be visible if no categories exist in your Gradebook).
- When you are done, scroll to the bottom and select Save changes.
- You will be automatically taken back to the Full view page and your new graded item will appear in the list.
- To grade this item, select the Grader report option from the drop down menu to manually enter grades (be sure to select the Update button at the bottom to save your scores).