Updating Keychain Password on Mac
Posted by , Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 18 July 2017 04:42 PM
- Changing your myPlymouth password will cause your Mac password to become out of sync. The following procedure should be done after a myPlymouth password change if you are a Mac user. Best practice is to change your password and follow this procedure while on the campus network.
- Open Keychain Access by going to the Applications folder, then to Utilities.
- Select the 'login' keychain on the left hand side.
- Under the edit menu, select Change Password for Keychain 'login'.
- Enter your old password in the Current Password field.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Verify field
- Then click OK.
- You can reset your keychain if you do not remember your old password.
- Go to Keychain Access in the menu-bar and click Preferences.
- Select 'Reset My Default Keychain'.
- In the box that appears type your current password. Now your keychain has been reset.
- Once your password has been synced, you will be prompted for a password when you open the Apple Mail client. You will be prompted again when you try to send an email. You will want to enter your new myPlymouth password at these prompts.