By default, Moodle subscribes you to any new forum that you post to. This means, you'll get an email notification each time someone posts to that forum. You may change that default option in your profile area if you wish to stop receiving these notifications.
Note: If you are already subscribed to a forum, you will have to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving notifications. Please view the instructions listed here (Unsubscribe from a forum) to unsubscribe.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the top right corner, in the myLearning box, select the Moodle link. You will then be brought to the Moodle homepage.
- In the top right corner you will see the following message: You are logged in as [your name] (Logout). Click on your name to be taken to your profile area.
- If you see the message, You are currently using guest access (Login), click the login link to enter your PSU user name and password. Once logged in click on your name to be taken to your profile area.
- Look to the bottom left corner of your profile page and click the Edit profile link.
- Scroll down to the setting labeled Forum auto-subscribe. Change the option in the drop down menu so it reads, No: don't automatically subscribe me to forums.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Update profile.