In some courses, you may be automatically subscribed to all forums. This means you'll get an email notification each time someone posts to a forum. You may change that default option in your profile area if you wish to stop receiving these notifications.
Note: If you are already subscribed to a forum, you will have to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving notifications. Please view the instructions listed here (Unsubscribe from a forum) to unsubscribe.
- Click your name on the top right of any Moodle page, and click Preferences.
- Under User Account, Select Forum preferences
- Set your email digest to either no digest, complete (one email with all posts in full), or subjects (one email with only the subjects of each post). The "subjects only" is the best option for reducing the number and length of emails your receive.
- To auto-subscribe to forums, change the next drop-down menu to Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion. This may mean you'll get many emails each day, depending on your email digest settings.
- The next option below is the Forum tracking option. In this menu choose Yes, highlight new posts for me
- As a result of the changes you have made, you will now see yellow highlights in the course content area when you have unread discussion forum post
- Save your changes.