How to Setup Microsoft Lync for Android Phones
Posted by William Philbrook, Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 26 May 2017 11:58 AM
Microsoft Lync is an integrated web chat client which allows you to instant message any PSU campus member, as well as call and video chat them.
Installing Microsoft Lync
1. To install Microsoft Lync, open the Play Store and search for "Lync."
2. Open Lync 2013 and click "Install."
3. Once installed, Lync will request that you Accept the Terms and Conditions.
4. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org followed by your password in the login prompt.
5. Lync will then request you enter your telephone number along with the country code. More often than not, this will automatically fill in.
6. The last part of setup asks whether you would like to sync your phone contacts with Lync. Syncing contacts is optional.
7. Microsoft Lync is now ready to go.
Using Microsoft Lync
To search for new contacts, use the magnifying glass in the top right of the screen.
Select the campus member you'd like to communicate with to open their page. On this page, you can choose to instant message or voice/video call them using the respective icons. To add this person to one of your groups, click the plus (+) sign in the top right.