Polycom Real Presence web conferencing guide for Plymouth State University
made possible through a partnership with ConnectNH, USNH and PSU
How to Schedule a Web ‘Click-to-Join’ conference
- Click on the Classroom Technology Services link on the MyPlymouth home page.
- Fill in all the pertinent information on the first page about the conference.
- When looking at items to reserve on page 2, pick “web conferencing” and “tech assist.”
- When your reservation is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation email back from CTS.
- After we build your web conference, you will receive another email with a link to join the meeting.
You must forward this email to everyone that will be joining your meeting via their computer.
Meeting Invitation Email: Sections and Links
- Allows participants to join by web browser (this is usually what participants will use)
- Note: 64 bit versions of Chrome will not work – Safari, Firefox, and IE will work best for users.
- Click the web URL in the meeting invitation email or copy and paste the web URL into the address bar of your web browser.
- On the login page, do the following:
- Toggle the Join as a guest option off and enter your name and e-mail address.
- Enter the meeting passcode, if applicable, and toggle the Audio and Video option to enable or disable all audio and video before you enter the meeting. For more information, see Set Audio and Video Preferences before Meetings.
- Click Join the Meeting. If you have disabled your audio and video, you connect directly to the meeting.
- Configure your audio and video preferences if you did not disable them in the login page. For more information, see Configure Audio and Video for Meetings that use a Plug-in.
- Click Continue to connect to the meeting.
Joining from a Mobile Device
- Allows participants to join via a mobile device
- ITS prefers you use a laptop or desktop computer to join a meeting. If you must join from a phone or tablet, you will need to download and install the mobile app appropriate for your device.
- This link will give you detailed instructions for downloading and using mobile devices.
- ITS recommends you configure/test mobile applications out well before your scheduled meeting.MS Surface users: You can use Firefox or Chrome with Windows 10. Edge does not work yet.
VMR (Virtual Meeting Room)
- This is for participants that want to connect to your meeting using dedicated video conferencing hardware devices (Polycom, Tandberg, Sony, etc).
- Scheduling and a test call must be coordinated by Classroom Technology Services.
- After you make your reservation, call 603-535-2929 for more information.
Technical Issues During Your Conference?
- If you experience technical issues with the connection during your conference, you should contact the ConnectNH Help Desk at 603-862-VIEW (8439).
- If you have hardware issue in the room on PSU’s campus, contact the ITS Help Desk at 603-535-2929.
- Testing: If you would like to test your connection, use this link: http://www.connectnh.net/websuite-how-join-your-conference.html