Office 365 - Creating an Away Message
Posted by Hunter Jarvis, Last modified by Steven Cramton on 20 June 2016 10:42 PM
Creating an Away message
The away message (sometimes called an out-of-office message) is a handy tool that, when activated, automatically respond to emails you receive with a pre-written message. It can be set to reply with the same message to all senders, or with a different message to people outside of your company or contact list.
1. Log in to myPlymouth (https://my.plymouth.edu) and locate the myOffice365 Channel on the main Welcome page.
Click the blue "PSU Mail" link under the Resources section of the Channel. This will bring you directly to your Office 365 Mail.
2. Click the gear symbol in the top right corner.
3. Select “Automatic Replies” from the menu.
4. Check the button marked “Send automatic replies”.
This will send automatic replies until you uncheck the button and save the setting. To set a specific time frame: Check the box “Send replies only during this time period” and set the start and end times. Select any of the other three check boxes below as you see fit.
5. Now type your away message in the box.
You can create a separate away message for senders outside of Plymouth or your contact list by selecting the check box below the text box.
6. Once the away message(s) are typed in, click OK at the top to save changes.