Creating and Sharing a Calendar
Posted by Hunter Jarvis, Last modified by Jessica Brusa on 05 April 2018 10:19 AM
*** Sharing email and calendars must be done on Office 365 online, and not on desktop applications. ***
Creating a Calendar:
1. Log in to myPlymouth (https://my.plymouth.edu) and locate the myOffice365 Channel on the main Welcome page. Click the blue "PSU Calendar" link under the Resources section of the Channel. This will bring you directly to your Office 365 Calendar.
2. In the Office 365 Calendar, select the "Add calendar" button at the top of the page.
3. Depending on the type of calendar you want to create, select an option from the drop-down menu. In most cases, you will be selecting "Secondary Calendar".
4. A new calendar now appears on the left hand panel and lets you name it.
5. Once named, select the enter key, and the Calendar has been created. Click on the calendar's name to view it, which will highlight its name and make its events visible on the main calendar pane.
Sharing a Calendar:
1. On the left hand panel, right click on the calendar you wish to share and select "Share calendar".
2. A new window appears:
3. Type in the email address of the person you want to share the calendar with (if it doesn't auto-populate just hit "search contacts").
4. Once the person is listed on the window, use the drop down menu by their email address to decide how much access the person will have to the calendar. You have two options:
5. You can type in a new subject (the one above is filled in automatically) and hit send to email the calendar invitation.
6. To finalize the share, the other person has to select the "Accept" button in your invitation email.