Filtering Mail in Office 365
Posted by Cassandra LaVoie, Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 20 October 2017 12:04 PM
This article explains how to set filters within your mail settings to sort your incoming mail into different folders.
1) Log in to myPlymouth (https://my.plymouth.edu) and locate the myOffice365 Channel on the main Welcome page.
Click the blue "PSU Mail" link under the Resources section of the Channel. This will bring you directly to your Office 365 Mail.
2) Select the settings gear at the top right of the page.
3) Select mail at the bottom of the scroll down list.
4) Selecting mail opens a new panel on the left with additional settings. Under mail look for Automatic processing, and Inbox and sweep rules below that.
5) This will open your inbox and sweep rules. Focus on the inbox rules only.
6) Select the plus (+) icon at the top left to create a new rule.
6) This opens a screen that will allow you to set the parameters of your rule. There's a space for you to name the rule. Then you set the conditions the email must meet in order to be filtered to a different folder. You are able to set multiple conditions by selecting the "Add condition" button. Then set the action. This will tell Office 365 what you would like it to do with the emails that meet the set conditions. You can also set multiple actions by selecting the "Add action" button.
7) Once all of your conditions and actions are set, click the OK button at the top left to save your rule.
8) You will then be able to view your rules. By having the box checked, the rule is turned on. To turn a rule off, uncheck the box.