Create a Rule for Meeting Invitations (Outlook Web App)
Posted by Melinda Barnsley, Last modified by Tyler Ruggles on 05 April 2018 11:17 AM
One of our recommendations for "Calendar Harmony" is that you send meeting invitation updates to all participants on all changes. This can generate a lot of messages. The procedure here describes how to have all meeting related messages automatically filtered out of your Inbox and into a folder just for such messages.
Be sure to pay attention to the meeting messages folder! If there are any unread messages in it, the folder's name will appear in bold type in Outlook's Navigation Pane.
- Near the upper-right corner of the Outlook Web App window, click "..." More Commands, then click . A New Inbox Rule dialog box will open.
- From the When the message arrives, and drop-down list, select then (from the menu that appears) select . A small Select Message Type dialog box will open. (If the small dialog box doesn't appear, click next to the drop-down list that now reads It's of type.)
- Select Invitation from the drop-down list, then click .
- From the Do the following drop-down list, select , then (from the menu that appears) select .
- Select the folder where you want the messages filed. If the folder does not exist yet, Right Click on parent folder and click to create it now.
- Click .
- Click OK again.