Create a Rule for Meeting Invitations for PC (Outlook 2016)
Posted by Melinda Barnsley, Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 18 November 2016 09:44 AM
One of our recommendations for "Calendar Harmony" is that you send meeting invitation updates to all participants on all changes. This can generate a lot of messages. The procedure here describes how to have all meeting related messages automatically filtered out of your Inbox and into a folder just for such messages.
Be sure to pay attention to the meeting messages folder! If there are any unread messages in it, the folder's name will appear in bold type in Outlook's Navigation Pane.
- From the Home ribbon, in the Move section, click , then click . A Rules and Alerts dialog box will open.
- On the . A Rules Wizard dialog box will open.
- In the box labeled Step 1: Select a template, in the Start from a blank rule section, select . Then click .
- This screen asks Which condition(s) do you want to check? Scroll down and check box in front of , then click .
- The next screen asks What do you want to do with the message? In the Step 1 section, select . Then, in the Step 2 section, click the underlined word . In the Rules and Alerts - Choose a folder dialog box, select the folder where you want these messages filed. If you haven't yet created that folder, click to create one now.
- Click OK.
- Click .
- Now you're asked Are there any exceptions? For the simple version of this procedure, we'll assume there are no exceptions, so just click .
- On the final screen, check the box in front of the specific option of your choice:
- whether the rule should be run on messages already in your Inbox,
- whether the rule should be turned on so that it will be applied to all incoming messages in the future, and
- if you have more than one account set up, whether the rule applies only to the current account or to all accounts.
- Click when you've made your selections.