Posted by , Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 12 October 2017 01:18 PM
Due to federal (FERPA) laws, students are not allowed to share their myPlymouth account information with anyone, including their family members. We understand that some parents require the ability to access some portions of their student's myPlymouth, so we've created what we call a "Family Access Portal". Through PSU’s myPlymouth for Families you can grant family members access to your Bill Notification, Bill View, Enrollment Verification, Financial Aid, Housing View, Schedule View, and give them ability to Purchase Campus Flexcash. This is able to be done without sharing your personal myPlymouth user name and password and violating FERPA laws. MyPlymouth for Families provides the information your family members need, and all from their very own myPlymouth account.
Note: In order for the Student Account Services (formally Bursars) office to discuss your bill with anyone except you, their name must appear as Active on Family Access, and they must have been given access to Bill View.
1. Log into your myPlymouth.
2. Click on the “Invite Someone” link in the Family Access channel (Usually located towards the bottom of your 'Welcome' page. If you cannot find this channel, you add it by clicking on "Add Stuff to myPlymouth", underneath your name on the top left of your Welcome page. In the list of myPlymouth content, look for "Family Access" on the second page. Click "Add it now").
3. Complete the required information for the person you wish to grant access to. Make sure you double check that information is correct.
4. Then select everything that you wish to give them access to from the list of options.
5. Confirm that you’ve read the FERPA statement.
6. Click on the Grant Access! button.
7. You and your family member will both receive an e-mail from Plymouth State University [myPlymouth for Families], confirming the relationship request. (See steps below for help confirming the relationship request and setting up the Family Access account.)
After the student has invited you to join myPlymouth for Families, you can now set up your own myPlymouth account!
After the invitation has been sent:
1. Open a new browser. We suggest using a browser that the student hasn't logged into their own myPlymouth account on because sometimes it causes confusion.
2. Log into your email where the invitation was sent.
3. Find an email from Plymouth State University with the subject "[myPlymouth for Families] New Relationship Request". NOTE: If multiple invites were sent, make sure you use the most recent email!
4. Click on the link in the email to accept the invitation.
5. It will then ask if you have your own myPlymouth account. Unless you're employed by the university or are a current student or alumni, you probably want to click no.
6. If you click yes, it will have you log into your myPlymouth account to accept the invitation. If you selected no, it will bring you to a page where you can set up your own unique password.
7. After creating your password, it will bring you to the myPlymouth log-in page, where you will use your email address and your recently created password to log in.
8. Once you log in, you will then have to officially confirm the relationship. Once the relationship is confirmed, you will now have access to myPlymouth for Families!