Adding a New Zoom Meeting Activity
Posted by Melinda Barnsley, Last modified by Katherine Martell on 05 June 2018 12:30 PM
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right-hand corner of your Moodle course page
- In the section where you would like to add a Zoom meeting, click Add an activity or resource.
- Select the Zoom radio button from the Add an activity or resource pop-up window.
- Click Add and a new screen will appear where you can create your Zoom meeting.
Setting up a Zoom meeting
Provide a Topic for the meeting (required field).
Settings for your meeting
- When: select a date and time for the meeting.
- Duration: specify how long the meeting will last. You will not be limited or disconnected if you go beyond the duration set here.
- Recurring meeting: create a meeting with no end date (i.e., the meeting "room" is always open/available.
- Password: requires participants to input a password in order to access the meeting (not recommended).
- Host video: choose whether the host's video should be on or off when entering the meeting.
- Participants video: choose whether a participant's video should be on or off when entering the meeting.
- Audio options: choose whether participants can join the meeting by phone, over the computer or use both options.
- Meeting option: select Enable join before host if you want attendees to be able to join the meeting before the host, or if the host cannot attend (recommended).
- When you are done setting up your meeting, click either Save and return to course or Save and display to add your Zoom meeting to the course.
- There are a number of optional settings for your Zoom meeting under Grade, Common Module Settings, and Restrict Access. For most Zoom meetings in Moodle, Grade type can be set to "None" unless you are grading students on their attendance in the meeting.