Registering and Connecting a Game Console or Smart Device
Posted by David Strong, Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 30 March 2020 04:13 PM
Registering and Connecting a Game Console or Smart Device|
Find MAC Address
Register your Device:
In order to connect a gaming console or smart device to the PSU Network you must first register the device's MAC address. Click here to view instructions on how to find the MAC address on many of the most popular devices.
Once you have the MAC address for your device, please follow these instructions:
1. On a computer, open up a web browser and go to https://go.plymouth.edu/games. You will be brought to a login screen. Log in with your myPlymouth username and password.
2. Once you log in, you will see a screen that shows you any devices you have previously registered, along with their MAC address. On the left side of this screen, click on "Create Device".
3. On the "Create Device" screen, name the device whatever you want (usually the model of the device you are registering) and then enter in the MAC address for the game console or smart device.
4. Click on "Create Device". Your device has now been registered with the network and will be able to connect to the network via either WiFi or Ethernet.
Connecting Your Device to the Network
After you have registered your device you may connect it to the PSU network either via WiFi or by Ethernet.
1. Go to the WiFi settings on your device and connect to the WiFi network titled "PSU Games"
2. The password for "PSU Games" is:
This password is case sensitive so make sure you enter it in correctly.
3. As long as you have registered your device and entered in the correct password your device will connect to the WiFi network and have access to the internet!
1. Make sure the Ethernet jack you are looking to plug your device into has been activated. Contact the ITS Help Desk at 603-535-2929 or by emailing email@example.com for assistance with activating Ethernet jacks. You will need to know the Jack ID for the jack you would like activated which is located on the jack its self.
2. Once you have verified the jack is active, and registered your device, connect an Ethernet cord to the jack and to your device. Your device should immediately connect and have access to the internet!
If you encounter any issues with getting your device registered or connected to the network please reach out to the ITS Help Desk at 603-535-2929 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.