Adding a File to Moodle
Posted by , Last modified by Melinda Barnsley on 23 April 2020 03:55 PM
Depending on what method suits you best for learning, we have provided two options to learn how to open your course. Either a video or step by step instructions.
Note: To add video files to your course, it is recommended you store them via Kaltura, PSU's video storage area. Click here to learn more about Kaltura and video in Moodle.
Here is a video below:
If you do not want to see the transcript, click the double arrow icon to get the full screen.
7. You will now be in the Adding a New File window. In the Name field, type in a name for your file (e.g. Syllabus). This is what will be visible in your course, and it can be different from the file name.
8. Scroll down to the Content section, and click on the Add icon (piece of paper with +) and is located on the top left below the selected files heading.
9. You will then be brought to the File Picker as shown below:
10. Click on the Upload a file link on the left side. Then click on the Choose File button to locate the file on your computer. Once found, select the file and click Choose.
11. Back in the File Picker dialog box, select the Upload this file button at the bottom of the window.
12. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save and return to course. Your file has now been added to your course.