Plymouth State University recycles surplus technology equipment back into the community whenever possible. This used equipment is sold as is with no technical support and is to be used for personal use only and not for University business. PSU does not guarantee surplus equipment. The equipment cannot be exchanged or returned. Surplus equipment cannot be purchased with University funds
PSU will establish an asking price, as determined by previous surplus property sales.
Current prices as of July 1, 2017 are as follows: (availability changes often).
- Dell OptiPlex desktop - between $ 50.00 and $ 100.00 (display, keyboard, mouse not included)
- Dell Latitude laptop - Between $ 75.00 and $ 125.00 (Ac adapter not always available)
- Apple iMAC - Between $ 200.00 and $ 400.00
- Apple notebook - Between $ 150.00 and $ 400.00
All technology equipment, including computers and laptops will be sold on a first come first served basis and will not be reserved for individuals.
During the first two weeks of each semester any available Apple computers are sold to PSU students only.
Surplus computer hard drives are securely erased and only an operating system will be installed. (i.e., Windows 7, MAC OS, etc.). This protects the University from violation of site licenses, and helps the University comply with many state and federal regulations regarding privacy and confidential information.
Windows 10 is not installed on surplus computers at this time.
Warranty on Surplus Equipment
Once surplus technology equipment is determined feasible for re-sale, it will is sold as is, with no warranties of any kind, express or implied, attached to the item. All sales are final with no returns or refunds allowed.
- Networking equipment will have no guarantee once it leaves the surplus area.
- Multimedia equipment will have no guarantee once it leaves the surplus area. Customers may turn it on for evaluation.
- Computers sold through the surplus program undergo a quality control check and will have a one business day guarantee. Return for refunds is not allowed. If a problem exists within one business day of sale, If the problem can not be corrected a same or similar model will be provided
- Donated computers will have no guarantee other than having all components installed.
- Printers – Laser printers – will have no guarantee once it leaves the surplus area.
- All other peripherals – no warranty
Request for donation of surplus technology