Your Moodle course is built like a webpage, where your content is listed in the middle of the screen (in containers calledTopics) or in boxes on the left and right sides (these are called Blocks). Topics can be moved up or down in your course while blocks can be moved from side to side (or combined to just one side). As the instructor for the course, you have the ability to add more topics or blocks, edit them, hide them, or remove them completely. Though the default arrangement is certainly adequate, you may wish to rearrange your layout to achieve a certain look and feel in your Moodle course.
Note: For more information on course themes, please click on the following link: Changing themes.
- Log into myPlymouth
- Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
- In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You will now be looking at your course's home page.
- Click the Turn editing on button located in the Administration panel in the left sidebar or in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will now see a string of small icons located throughout various parts of your course homepage (as shown in the example below). If you hover your mouse over each icon, a description of it's function will appear in small text.
- The four headed arrow will allow you to move any content up, down or side to side. To move content using this tool, click on the arrow icon and hold the mouse down while you drag the content to another location. Let go of the mouse button when it's in the right place. You may have to do this click-drag procedure a few times to get it just right.
- Clicking on the left and right arrows will move the item in the corresponding direction; try it out and see what happens.
- Clicking on the pencil with the hand icon will put you into Editing mode.
- Clicking on x2 icon will duplicate that item.
- Clicking on the X icon will delete that item.
- Clicking on the eye icon will hide the item from your student's view. This is helpful if you would like to reveal certain course content to the students at some future date or time.
- Clicking on the small face icon will change the group settings for that item.
Note: When you have completed your arranging, click the Turn editing off button located in the upper right corner of your course window.