Copying a Collection
If you need to copy a collection follow these instructions:
- Once in Mahara, click on Main Menu in the upper right side of the dashboard page
- Click Create
- Click the Copy button on the top right side
- In the search box, type <name of collection you want to copy>
- Click the Search button.
- Find the <name of collection you want to copy> , ensure the owner is Plymouth Portfolio (this means it is the production version), unless of course you are copying from someone else
- Click the copy collection button (only once) next to the collection name you want. It will take some time.
- Once the copy is complete, it should open up on your screen with the ability to change the collection name and click Next: Edit collection pages
- You then will be sent to the Edit Collection Page. Click the Done button at the bottom
- You will be sent back to the Pages and Collection screen, navigate by using the navigation block in upper right corner to get to page within the collection you want to display/edit
Note: Sometimes we receive a time out message (504), just wait a few minutes and back arrow twice to get back to mahara. Look under your collection tab and it should be there. It still continues to copy even if it times out. Just ensure you have all the pages from the original collection.