Creating a Video Quiz in Kaltura Media Space
Posted by Gillian McCreedy, Last modified by Jason Neenos on 24 March 2020 11:16 AM
A Video Quiz is a feature of the Plymouth State University Media Space website and is a useful tool that can be made by anyone who has logged into mediaspace.plymouth.edu with their PSU user credentials.
In order to use this feature, you must already have the video uploaded to your Kaltura repository. For help uploading videos to Kaltura, click here.
To Create a Video Quiz:
2. You will be prompted to click Select on a video that you have uploaded previously to Kaltura
3. You can click anywhere on the timeline below the video to pick a point in time in the video where you want to place a question
4. Once you’ve found the time in the video where you’d like to put a question, Click the Multiple choice question type (that’s all we have available right now for question formats)
5. Enter the question, the correct answer, then click the "+" button to add other incorrect answers
6. Randomize the order of the questions by clicking the shuffle button in the upper left-hand corner
7. Repeat these steps at each place in the video where you would like to make a new question.
8. Click the eye button in the lower right-hand corner of the Quiz editor to preview the layout of your video quiz at any point during editing
9. When you’re finished Click Done then click Go to media page to view your finished video quiz
10. From there you can follow the directions here to post into Moodle, or click the Share button and post or embed the link wherever is convenient for your audience to get to!
If you have any questions, please contact the ITS helpdesk at (603) 535-2929.