How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Version 1903
- Make sure you save and close all documents and applications prior to beginning the upgrade.
- Be prepared, the upgrade will take between 45-60 minutes. It may be best to initiate the update just prior to going to lunch or before you head home at the end of the day.
- You must be on campus, connected to the PSU network and your computer plugged into a power source in order to run the upgrade.
- Perform this upgrade between January 1st and January 20th. The deadline is Monday, January 20th.
- Type Software Center in the search field.
- Click on Operating Systems on the left side of the window.
- Click on Upgrade to 1903.
- Click the Install button.
- The first step of the install will begin with the download that will display a visual Loading Bar.
- Once the download is complete, the actual install will occur with multiple restarts. Just leave the computer alone until it finally comes back to the login prompt and waits there for more than 2 minutes.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at (603)535-2929 or email email@example.com.