Instructors can use the Announcements Forum in Moodle to send important notifications to students. All messages posted in the Announcements Forum are automatically sent to each student's email, and students cannot unsubscribe from these notifications. Students are unable to reply within the Announcements Forum, but can still read posted messages. Attachments to forum posts are not included in email notifications, but can be accessed from the Moodle course directly.
Posting an Announcement
1. Login to myPlymouth
2. Select the myCourses tab and the myCourses window appears.
3. In the center column, select your class title from the appropriate semester category in the myCourses channel. You should now be looking at your course's homepage.
4. On the top of your Moodle page, locate and click on the Announcements Forum link
5. On the next page, click the Add a new topic button
6. Add a subject and a message to your forum post
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and check the "Send forum notifications with no editing time-delay" box. This will send an email notification to your students immediately.
8. Click Post to forum