We have some templates adapted for use in the Print Depot. Please see the attachments section at the bottom of this page, for templates for the Print Depot. There are three template options in the provided designs. Please keep in mind, if you do not use a 2nd page of the design it is best to delete those additional pages before submitting to the Print Depot. Please note First Year Seminar posters are 3'x2' and your design must be that size.
Are there any examples of other FYS posters?
There is an example of a FYS poster available in our Digital Commons at
Where can I find image resources?
There are several sites where you can find free to use or Creative Commons licensed images
For most of the images on Flickr Creative Commons, you will need to attribute the creator in your poster, you can list the name of the photographer as such in your Acknowledgements:
Image via (Username) on Flickr
Do I have to use the template?
No, but if you design any other poster, we expect that you know how to properly size a poster at 36”x24” inches and submit it either as a .pptx or a .pdf file.
Where can I find other Plymouth State University resources like the logo?
Communications & Marketing has a Logos & Branding page found here https://www.plymouth.edu/ceslife/communications-marketing/logos-branding/ where you can find lots of useful resources including the logo.
- If you need your poster printed please submit your poster by the deadline of April 22nd, 2019 through the Print Depot's submission page available on campus at go/printdepot or via the direct URL https://campus.plymouth.edu/it/print-depot/
- When filling out the Print Depot form anything with a * must be filled out in order for the form to be submitted properly to us.
- When submitting be sure to select that your submission(s) is/are large format print(s)
- The Showcase does not traditionally offer laminated posters, however, if you personally can pay for lamination out of pocket we will laminate your poster - note you will have to personally pay for lamination if you select it.
- For the Showcase select that your method of payment will be a Department FOAPAL
- As the costs of the Showcase (except lamination) are covered, it is recommended that you authorize printing regardless of cost
- Your selection of paper would be matte, as this is the paper we recommend for 3'x2' (i.e. First Year Seminar posters)
Print Upload Single Poster
- If you're submitting a single poster, the recommended upload process would be using the button under "Print File Upload", you can click and drag or submit. Note that file uploads using this button are limited to 20 MBs
Print Upload Multiple Posters
- If you are uploading multiple posters it is best to store those posters in OneDrive and then submit them - be sure to differentiate between the names of your posters either using your name or the names of students submitting the posters i.e. RydbergFYS1, RydbergFYS2 or CallowayPosterFYS, JordanPosterFYS.
- First create a new folder for your posters in OneDrive
- Upload your files into the folder by selecting the "Upload" button
- Then once uploaded into a single folder in OneDrive select "Share" to share the entire folder, choose "Anyone with the link" and leave "Allow editing" checked click "Apply"
- Paste the back into the Print Depot form under the category "File Submission for Files Larger than 20 MB"
- Lastly in the "Additional Instructions" box please specify "Showcase of Excellence First Year Seminar". That way we know what your poster is for and how to charge for it this is all we need to properly charge your Showcase poster. Note FYS Showcase posters are covered by a specific budget.
- Once you have followed all of these steps you can press "Submit" and you should then see the page below. You will then receive a confirmation email and a Help Desk ticket for your submission. If this is not the case, something is incorrect in your form and you must fix it.