Changing your myPlymouth password will cause your Mac password to become out of sync. The following procedure should be done after a myPlymouth password change if you are a Mac user. Best practice is to change your password and follow this procedure while on the campus network.
- After changing your password in MyPlymouth, log out (but DO NOT Restart) of your macOS device.
- When presented with the login screen, login using your new password.
- You will then be prompted to either “Create a New Keychain” or “Update Keychain Password.” Click “Create NEW Keychain ” button.
The next step is to update your FileVault password.
- Open Finder > Applications and launch Self Service.
- Click the lock icon titled “Update your FileVault Password.”
Note: If this is your first time using this app, macOS may ask if it’s okay to run “jamfAgent.” Click yes to proceed.
- Enter your new password when requested.
- Click OK.
- Wait for the process to finish. Self Service will present a green check mark if successful, or a red X if unsuccessful. If unsuccessful, please contact the Help Desk at 603-535-2929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.